We are a Series A, investor backed personalized medicine company bringing genomics to the masses. MyOme is dedicated to improving our customers’ lives through genomics and personalized medicine. MyOme provides its customers with comprehensive information about genetic factors that influence personal risk for disease, with a user-centric delivery model.
MyOme is looking for a world class professional to develop wet lab approaches for germline genetic testing . The position is for a Senior Research Scientist (II) that will independently manage and perform molecular genetic methods and techniques, including DNA extraction and library preparation for Next Generation Sequencing. We are open to both part time and full time involvement.
- Performs bench level laboratory work, which includes receiving and cataloguing of samples, performing DNA extraction, performing calculations, preparing reagents, operating analytical instruments, and maintaining accurate records in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Assumes responsibility for general laboratory maintenance and housekeeping, including organization and purchasing of laboratory reagents, working with customers/vendors, keeping track of deliveries, maintaining laboratory stocks, and participating in technology development.
- Organizes lab protocols, manuals, MSDS patient sample records, and other materials.
- Facilitate adherence to lab maintenance and safety procedures
- Provide timely feedback regarding lab issues
- Maintain impartial and professional relationships with all lab members
- Serve as lab liaison for Facilities
- Works independently or under the guidance of a remote manager
- Maintains contact with external or internal customers as required to furnish or obtain information or reports, to provide services, or resolve day-to-day problems.
- Utilizes literature reviews, protocols, networking and prior laboratory experience to assist with experimental design, assay development, and workflow optimization.
- May train other laboratory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biotechnology, or similar field
- 2-5+ years of lab supervision/management experience in a fast-paced laboratory
- Experience with DNA extraction from blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human cell lines required.
- Standard molecular biology lab techniques: PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, with experience using covaris sonication preferred.
- Experience performing a complete NGS workflow: DNA extraction, library preparation, and running on a Novaseq preferred.
- Experience performing nucleic acid QA / QC assays including nanodrop, qubit, bioanalyzer / Tapestation etc.