We are a Series A, investor backed personalized medicine company bringing genomics to the masses. MyOme is dedicated to improving our customers’ lives through genomics and personalized medicine. MyOme provides its customers with comprehensive information about genetic factors that influence personal risk for disease, with a user-centric delivery model.
MyOme is looking for a world class leader in bioinformatics and engineering to join our team and impact the way genomic tests inform people on their health risks. We are looking for a team leader that isn’t weary of getting their hands in code and driving computational excellence throughout the organization. In this role, you will manage and grow the engineering and bioinformatics team, develop new methods for future products and work with diverse teams. Your work will result in exciting discoveries in personalized genomics, biostatistics, polygenic risk, and result in impactful publications and potential future products. It will set the standard for how MyOme launches and scales products.
- Lead the engineering and bioinformatics teams, manage and oversee the efforts of production and R&D, budgets, schedules, project tracking and performance
- Develop and manage bioinformatics pipelines for product releases
- Oversee internal bioinformatics and engineering tools and systems
- Develop and manage cloud infrastructure, data management and external integrations
- Contribute to data architecture and data governance
- Evaluate new genomic technologies and drive their implementation within the bioinformatics and engineering team
- Implement security and privacy standards across all computational environments.
- Develop and maintain an R&D environment, with SOPs and oversight.
- Contribute as a strategic leader within the company to ensure that the company can scale and maintain competitive advantages within industry.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to manage bioinformatics and engineering teams, provide technical leadership, lead and contribute to cross functional projects
- Strong foundational knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems and experience with cloud computing environments, distributed computing, job scheduling, version control tools, and reproducible research practices.
- High programming proficiency in python, R and Go
- Deep knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing data, best practices and output formats
- Deep understanding of modern statistical and machine learning tools for analysis of genomics datasets.
- Has in-depth understanding of risk management concepts and can assess product, process, project and schedule risks
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects, providing updates and forecasting status
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Work independently to deliver on committed initiatives